Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stitch n Pitch

We went into extra innings - 14 to be exact. My family left after 2/3rds of the fans had already left, in the bottom of the 14th. This meant the Metro was not crowded at all. Nats won.

Got some good stuff in the goody bags. Will detail later.

Did not stitch anywhere near as much as last year.

I did not see a single reference to Stitch n Pitch during the game. Maybe I missed something on the large screen.

Whatever. I'm exhausted. We got home at 12:45 and the cat woke up us this morning quite early demanding attention and food.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Looking forward to hearing about the goody bags!

Julia said...

I didn't see anything on the big screen either. Debbie Taylor did a brief little piece on Stitch N Pitch during the game with some footage of some of the knitters and a small soundbyte, but that was about it. I dvred the game just in case, not knowing it would go into 14 innings! (When you get two 7th inning stretches, it's gone beyond "extra" innings into survival of the fittest.)

Donna said...

Ah. thanks for the info, Julia. I was dvring the Red Sox game which because of the rain delay I didn't get the entire game.

We left right before the end, but the news of victory caught up to us on the Metro.