Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Thanks, Dear!

Someone posted a link on her livejournal to the Tom-Tom Club - all day long I will hearing it in my head. Thanks for the earworm.

I rearranged some furniture (it's a disease that runs in my family - skipped from my grandmother to my sister and I and missed my mother entirely), cleaned including windows. I love clean windows. Now if only the sun would come out so I can admire them. Then sat down to watch two episodes of Mad Men. I love this show. It's all pretty and alcoholic with amazing dresses, skinny ties, and way too much cigarette smoking. But it felt so good to sink into the newly cleaned living room with my Quaker sampler and stitch while watching such high class trash.

Then I made a new dish - chicken with pancetta and figs. I added mushrooms, of course. And though it was good last night, I just had a nibble of the leftovers and it's better this morning. The sweet taste of the figs has permeated the dish. I'd eat some more, but I'm meeting some people for breakfast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Mad Men is addictive. But I don't think there is "too much" smoking. People SMOKED then. Just as they drank. And didn't worry about litter. And wore dresses and jewelry while cleaning. I used to live in Connecticut and my father worked in NYC. Very, very realistic!

Donna said...

I wasn't saying that the cigarette smoking was excessive for the time. It's realistic, but to me any cigarette smoking is too much. And the blatant littering just floors me. Even though I can remember my father tossing empty beer cans from the car...