Friday, March 25, 2011

Impulse Control

Apparently I have no impulse control. 

On Wednesday I received the latest issue of Needlepoint Now. I had a moment and scanned through it, mostly focusing on the ads. And then I hit the backpage. 

Before I knew it I was in the office ordering a limited edition Pischke Pocket. What can I say? I saw it and it spoke to me. And you know what it said. Buy me!

And how's this for terrific customer service? I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon. And I came home to a package on my doorstep on Thursday afternoon. And no, I did not pay for expedited shipping. 

Here it is! It's big and beautiful. And I'm totally thrilled.



I love how the canvas and threads are tied onto the bag with brown raffia ribbon. Right where the finished piece will eventually be attached.

It's kitted with Anchor wool and DMC pearl cotton with a special overdyed pearl called Green Turtle. Oh happy days. I'll be dreaming of the beach and taking this bag with me to the Outer Banks.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting about this great bag. It is a fabulous fundraiser for endangered sea turtles and a gorgeous project too!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow. That's beautiful, and I have a thing for turtles. But those prices remind me why it is I don't do more needlepoint! I can't wait to see yours finished.

Bonnie said...

Jealous! I looked at it, desire it, but right now can't afford it. Maybe for Mother's Day.