Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where Was I?

Oh. I was writing about visiting Cape Cod. This was my first time back there in around 30 years! Yikes. Not sure why we waited so long. In the 3 years my husband was stationed at Fort Devens, we never took the kids to the Cape. More often we went home to New Hampshire on vacations. 

So here's an osprey nest. With a camera. Which you find here on the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.  Unfortunately the website says you can only view this using Internet Explorer so I haven't looked at it. There are osprey nests all over. But most of them don't have cameras pointed at them.


We took the hike behind the Museum. Across the marsh. Up onto the island. Down off the island onto the mudflats. Across the dunes to the bay. Look - the sun is shining in these photos. Not something we saw too often.


There's a wildflower garden beside the museum.


And apparently we drove nearly five hundred miles to find some Virginia Bluebells!




It's a good thing I didn't buy the Red Sox tickets that I nearly bought because that game was rained out! All week we had intermittent rain, sometimes extremely heavy. Then maybe a peak of sunshine. And then back to clouds. 

Now at home - temperature's supposed to reach 90 today. When am I ever going to get a chance to plant some herbs? I didn't do it before I went because I was afraid they'd die of neglect. Cats did not die of neglect. But one of them certainly did his share of hounding my son for attention. 


See? This was the weather driving into Boston on Saturday on our way down to the Cape. Lovely.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I've never been to the cape! No, take that back, I was two and my mother got food poisoning so we left early. But never been back...