Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Catching UP

I did say I was going to spend yesterday working on GCC tea cosy and I did. I still have some white flowers to do and then I begin the interesting process of putting it all together. It feels good to have made some definite progress on something.

On Saturday afternoon I took the kiddos to play putt-putt and visit the bookstore. Where my only purchase was a beading book. Has a couple lovely beaded choker patterns. Which would look lovely on my darling daughter.

Then just by coincidence, on Sunday we went to Playland amusement park in Rye, Ny. Playland Yes, this is where the Zoltar machine ends up in the movie, Big. We got there before the park opened at noon, and played another game of putt-putt. (I won on Sat. Lost on Sunday.) Turned out they were having a blues music fest. So in addition to riding some classic old rides, the coaster, the whip, and the wonderful derby racers, we got to hear some great music.

On the way home I suggested a stop at the Westchester Mall for DD and me. We wanted to visit Sephora Sephora.com: Cosmetics, Fragrance, Skincare and Gifts . Much money later, I finally have my With Love perfume, some new lipsticks, and an orangy eye shadow. DD did the lipstitck/eyeshadow thing too. I'm not a girly girl, but there's something about these stores that just makes me want to squeal with delight.


No comments: