Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Am Back!

Life will now return to semi-normal. Had a great time in NH. Got to meet some RCTN folks IRL. That was exciting. Shared stories and laughs and stitching. I really, really should try to attend Celebrations one of these days. It's just that given a choice between hanging with my sis or Celebrations, my sister wins.

Picked up DD at school and made the nice, long trek home all the while suffering a tremendous cold. Came home and couldn't sleep because of said cold. Flew to FL with DD on Saturday morning where the smoke and ash from the Georgia/FL border was making everyone miserable. I'm coughing like a dying consumptive. What fun.

But we did accomplish our objective. Which was to totally surprise my mother on her 70th birthday. When she turned around and saw us, it didn't register who she was seeing. I wish there was video.

Flew home yesterday. DD and I are both half-dead from lack of sleep and breathing problems. But we attended the Stitch N Pitch game at RFK. Nats vs. Braves. And the hometeam had a lovely no-hitter going which was exciting. Had to settle for a 2-1 win. But how great was it sit in the stands surrounded by (mostly) women who were knitting, crocheting, and doing various types of needlework. The media was swarming all over us asking questions for both print, TV, and online publication. If anything I said pops up online, I'll be sure to link it here.

I'm officially taking today off. Not worrying about anything except watering the plants.

No comments: