Thursday, May 31, 2007

SBQ

How many needles do you use during a project? Have you ever loaded up a needle for every color? Do you use a new needle for every project or recycle your favorite needle?

Depends on the size of the project. If it's big, I'll wear the finish off the needle and use another one. And another one. And another one. (That's another issue. And another question. How fast can you wear the finish off a needle?) But I've never threaded up multiple needles with different colors. So it's usually one needle for the fibers, maybe a beading needle, and occassionally I use two needles for couching.

I just realized yesterday as a I completed a row on Agnes Scott that I had 2 needles in this piece - the My Favorite Needle that I was working with and a size 28 stuck in the margins. (I like my needles small.) I took the extra needle out and put it away. Not sure why it was there to begin with. But I have moved down to the bottom part of Agnes Scott and will begin the section with the house today.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I strip needles too. Do you think it's the bitterness? ;)

Donna said...

Bitterness, acid. It's all the same I guess ;)