I never contemplated how difficult it could be to have a pattern that is graphed to move every other row over by one thread. Argh. I stitched for about 1 1/2 hours before I realized that it wasn't going to line up. It's all a matter of how you interpret things. So I frogged all that. And managed to finish the right hand side of the roof of Agnes Scott's house. It was tough getting my head around the process - you'd think it would be simple, but it involved three colors in a geometric pattern. The left hand side of the house should proceed much faster.
I forgot to note - the off white F20 Soie d'Alger that I needed to purchase a second skein of before Christmas - though the color match is correct, the second skein looks much shinier than the original skein. It's so different it makes the first skein look like a matte finish. And of course I used them both satin stitching the same flower which is how I noticed the difference. And at that point I was struggling so much with seeing things that I refused to frog it and do it all with the new stuff. I'll look at it again when I finish, before I take the project off the scroll rods, just to judge anew if I want to change it. I'm thinking of leaving it as I doubt few people will notice it and I know some time in the future I'll be able to look at it and smile. Unlike my large Newburyport sampler, this one is not mistake free. I've already left in three errors. But only I will know what they are.