Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy Birthday

To the big guy!

DH always takes an extra day off for his birthday and today was DD's day off, too!

So we went and saw the amazing JMW Turner exhibit at the National Gallery. Which is closing this weekend and hopefully moving on to somewhere new to impress more people.
I now have a new appreciation for Mr. Turner.

As we were leaving I quickly called up my new best friend, a Brit who has a frame shop. And Yeah! My Preamble to the Constitution was finished. Which is good, because I wanted to give it to my DH. Wouldn't you know that as soon as I saw it framed I saw two mistakes. One is a spelling error - I will have to check the pattern - but I know tranquility only has one L. And I can see a stitch that's off by a thread. Oh well.

Came home and made dinner for the birthday following the family tradition of you name your meal and desert. Tonight we had crab cakes, carrots (was supposed to be asparagus but it looked pathetic) and mac and cheese in individual crocks topped with more cheese and panko and placed under the broiler. Desert is a chocolate cream pie. And I need to go whip the cream.

Pics of the newly framed piece by Friday. Promise.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

You may be the only one to notice the mistakes. I once had them unframe a piece because a stitch (on a wedding sampler) had come loose. It can be done.