Monday, March 31, 2008

Then There's This Forsythia

Gram, this one's for you. The sweet lady just couldn't say forsythia without lisping. Which was hysterical to the rest of the family. Maybe that's why she didn't have growing in her yard which was filled with all kinds of flowers.

This is just down the street a couple of blocks. It's a hedge on a corner at an intersection and as you come around and turn down that street, the yellow just smacks you in the face. I love it.

No real progress on stitching for me yesterday. I spent hours and hours outside in the cold being a good parent and attending my son's first crew regatta as a college varsity rower.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

My MIL says "for SYTH ia" with a long I like John Forsythe and also the opposite "th" sound to the one we use. Bt she's Scottish and they say all kinds of crazy things.
I have a wreath of silk forsythia on my door. Love the yellow!