Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Coincidence? I Think Not

This morning every blog I regularly read was writing about food or drink.

I think people are trying to make me hungry. So I'll add some more fuel to the fire.

Last night I found it is possible to grill cauliflower. I just cut it up, dosed it with olive oil and salt and pepper and put it in the grill pan. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Then I removed the cauliflower and grill some sliced golden zucchini - if you haven't seen this stuff, it's a vibrant gold/yellow. I grilled some marinated chicken breasts. Then added the zucchini and cauliflower to some boiled fingerling potatoes and doused the whole thing in yellow curry sauce. Yum.

Now to go eat the leftovers.

4 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

You forgot to grill pineapple for dessert. Your dinner sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! The grill makes everything better.

Unknown said...

I think it's possible to grill just about any vegetable. Some will take longer than others to cook, but a quick boil first will sometimes cure that problem.

One of our favorites is to cook heads of romaine, cut in half, on the grill with a little EVOO and salt. Makes for a very tasty Caesar salad. Yummmmm.

Donna said...

I have not tried the lettuce on the grill thing yet. I've heard others quarter iceberg and grill it. One of these days...