Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dangerous?

You want to know what is dangerous? Bringing a 19 year old male into a Harley Davidson dealership. We stopped by one yesterday to buy my BIL a birthday present. He's got quite a collection of t-shirts, and thanks to us, he's got them from all over. Now someone (DS) has serious Softtail lust...

I don't know about other areas, but here we're experiencing an upswing in motorcycle related accidents. Too many newbies decided that bike riding would be much more gas efficient.

Me. I'd like a mint green Vespa.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd guess that the upswing in accidents is directly proportional to the upswing in ridership lately, both of newbies and not-so-newbies. Plus, in this area, drivers are just not used to watching for motorcycles.

Unknown said...

Me, too, on the Vespa. I came oh, so close to buying one a couple of years ago, but found out I needed a motorcycle license to ride it. Pffft. I was going to buy it on Maui, where most of the traffic is so slow, the accident rate is much less than the mainland, except for drunken idiots riding around in the middle of the night.