Saturday, January 31, 2009

I am Bad

I forgot to take photos today while the sun was shining. I'm outside my regular schedule. Got thrown off by guy coming to pick up a freecycle desk and he called and wanted to come early. Okay.

But I picked up In the Midnight Hour from the framer yesterday and it looks fantastic. Pics tomorrow, I promise.

It looks so good that when I saw it hanging on the wall, my first thought was I didn't do that. It's going off to Woodlawn soon so I only get to enjoy it a few days.

My birthday present from Art on Demand at the Smithsonian Museum of American Art. This is Evening Glow at Mono Lake, from Mono Mills by Chiura Obata done in 1930. Actually it's from my hubby. It arrived in the mail yesterday and as we are getting ready to rehang all artwork around the new furniture, he thought I should open it.

I was the only one in the family who saw this exhibit last spring. But the whole family once spent a wonderful spring break in camping in CA, including a day trip to Mono Lake. Great memories.

No comments: