Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Enough

Time for organizing is over and it's time to move on with the cleaning. But by my advanced calculations I should have time soon to set up sewing machine and do some finishing and some mending/altering. As I don't remember the last time I had the sewing machine set up, this should be challenging fun.

As per my usual plans, I haven't got as much done as I wished to have done by this point in time. Big surprise. But I can live with that.

And tomorrow, let the cooking commence. Need to decide which bread/rolls to bake. And what deserts. Pumpkin pie is a definite - with brandy laced whipped cream. I'm always sad to see all those cans of aerosol whipped cream lined up for sale in the grocery stores. Real whipped cream is the way to go. And though I can do it by hand, that's what a Kitchen Aid mixer is for.

And speaking of pet peeves. I just need to say that I am horribly disappointed to find that all the commercially produced and sold plastic gallon sized bags have had their dimensions changed. The products on the shelves now are not long enough to hold a sheet of paper. I am bummed by this development. I suppose I can always order a gross of them.

No comments: