Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

The agenda for the day is flexibility. Timing is on a loosely structured belt. And I will not be bothered.

Had a bit of problem yesterday as new recipe for parker house rolls was a total bomb. Not sure why. But new dough is rising right now and soon I will be forming rolls.

A big thank you to all who come here to read my drivel. I'm grateful anyone bothers.

Found time yesterday to stop by the used book store and found a copy of Kaffe Fasset's Glorious Needlepoint. I found a copy of the 1987 edition. Most of the covers I see online while looking are from the 1992 edition and there were apparently at least three different covers on this book. Any. Way. The link goes to his website and if you've never looked around there before it can be quite delicious. I also have his Glorious Color for Knitting and Needlepoint (a signed copy, too!) that I found in the Peabody and Essex Museum in Salem, MA last year. I really wouldn't have paid much attention to this man, except this fabulous designer of crewel work recommended the color book to me a few years back. I don't know if he stills designs for Ehrman, but he did.

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

He still does designs for Ehrman but seems to be mostly concentrating on knitting yarns and quilting fabrics. Wonderfully talented guy and a terrific inspiration for me. I love this book and have since I first laid eyes on it.

Enjoy.

(and happy Thanksgiving)

Jane/CH

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Charlotte