Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year, New Finish

I was joking to friends that maybe I would have this piece finished by Christmas and then I realized that I really could finish it by New Years Day. 

It's all the stitching done on a retired piece taught by Betsy Morgan of Willing Hands called the Viola Scissor case. 

I have some serious finishing to do. But I've had enough classes now with Betsy that I am no longer intimidated by the prospect. I could have finished on NY's Eve - all I had to do was the over one in the middle of back panel. Not a good thing to try with less than ideal lighting.



While I was stitching on my scissor case, my daughter was stitching on this:

 
She finished the wording:  le couchon yesterday. And then gave the piece to one of her cousins. So sweet. 

Off now to drive home to Virginia. Keep cool everyone!

4 comments:

Nicola said...

The scissor case is gorgeous. I have never seen this pattern before.

Anna van Schurman said...

Happy new year! And congrats to both the stitchers on their new year's finishes.

Karen said...

Hi Donna, I just found your blog this morning. Your stitching is lovely! And Elvis is such a handsome fella :-)

Karen

Sara Leigh said...

The scissor case is beautiful! I really love those colors. So you'll have that finished in time for Thursday's Stitchie, right? Hahahahaha. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility though.

I love DD's piggy too!