Monday, November 05, 2007


It's not just NaNoWriMo that's taken over my life and prevented me from posting here.

It's the office renovation.

Drywall is up, patched and primed. Today I begin painting.

But meantime let me detail a little problem I discovered.

On Tuesday I picked up some extra Soie d'alger for my Agnes Scott sampler. I know I'm going to run out 3726 and I wasn't sure about 3723 and the two red colors, so I bought extras of all of them.

On Thursday I brought Agnes Scott to my LNS for stitch-in and brought out my new silk to put in the floss away bags with my old silk when - oh, blankety, blank blank!

The colors no longer match!

The greens are so far apart - they aren't even remotely close. The original skeins were bought in 2000. The reds are a little bit closer to being right.

I quickly frogged the 3726 I was stitching in the middle of the sampler because I think if I can stitch the border done the sides, I might be able to get away with the color shift on the bottom of the border.

If I had known to buy two skeins at the time I kitted this project, I would have. I hate when this happens.

I did contact the designer, Ellen Chester, because this was an internet sampler project and maybe someone else out there has some leftover silk for me from the year 2000.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I don't remember when (late 90s/early 00) but my cousin got me a gift certificate from Needlepoint Unlimited when I wanted one from Needlepoints Ltd. It was a needlepoint shop, so I bought threads. I think I bought Soie d'Alger. Let me know what you need and I'll go look.