Thursday, November 22, 2007

And Because I'm Still Wasting Time Hiding in the Office

From Anna, aka the Stitch Bitch:


1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
My house please. Then I can have exactly what I want.

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?
Fresh. Best turkeys ever were the ones my friends raised themselves.

3. What kind of stuffing?
Dressing, not stuffing. Regular bread. People seem to get upset if I deviate.

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin. Though squash is good, too.

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Whole point. Soup is cooking before the dishes are done.


6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?
Not sure. It's a complete package.

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
Yes. See above.

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
Two ovens.

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?
I have gotten up at the crack of dawn. I'm always up at the crack of dawn anyway.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring?
Homemade rolls and cream puffs.


11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house?
I've never had a problem.

12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? No drama. It's pretty darn peaceful.


13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
The sandwich I will have tonight. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and olives on soft bread.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Happy thanksgiving!