Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Soie D'alger

Help me. I need 3726 purchased somewhere around the year 2000. If it's newer, it may not match. Anna, if you've got some, I'll be properly amazed and extremely grateful.

Painting

I got the first coat of La Fonda Boulder on the main wall and around the door and around the window finished yesterday. Cat was not happy at being shut out of "his" room. I was wondering why he was glaring at me this morning and then I figured it out I'd left the door closed to contain the smell of drying paint. The name comes from a hotel in Santa Fe - as this is a National Trust color. It looked almost like silly putty when it was wet, but dries to a pretty shade of coffee with cream.

Of course that meant not a single stitch stitched. I need to finish my ornament for donation tonight if I'm going to stand a chance at giving a completely finished ornament. I'm sure I've got some Christmas fabric hanging out in a bin in the laundry if I can get to it. I'd go to Hancock Fabrics and buy some while I'm in Vienna today, but wait. They closed months ago frustrating me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've stayed at the La Fonda hotel in Santa Fe. It is quite nice. Santa Fe is wonderful for exploring art, but after a while the southwestern architecture gets a bit much. Like living on a stage set. But over all my body is not happy at 7,000 feet above sea level.

Anna van Schurman said...

I did a cursory examination this morning and couldn't find any of the silk threads which means 1) I'm not as "pre-organized" as I thought and 2) there's even more crap in the basement than I realized. I'll look again when I have more time to focus. I have a good feeling...

Donna said...

If you've got it, that would be great. If not, that's okay, too. I'll make it work somehow. No rush.

Every time I get organized, I get unorganized so quickly, it's not funny. Right now all my stitching stuff except current projects are buried in the den as I moved stuff out of the office.