My photo of my finished ornie is stuck in my camera. Whose battery needs charging. Oops.
But I did manage to take the last few over one stitches at 9:55 a.m. yesterday - in time to drop it off at the shop. A bunch of us stitched ornies for a tree that gets auctioned off by the Junior League or whoever it is. I probably should have passed on this little project, but I am a sheep and followed the crowd. I will now admit to being 1,000 words behind on my NaNoWriMo goals because of the ornament. And with the week two blues looming, this is a bad time to fall off the pace.
I did have enough Soie d'alger to stitch the border down both sides. There might even be enough to go across the bottom, but I'm leaving that for last. I decided to start stitching up from the bottom - avoidance technique that ignores those queen stitches for the moment. I know I have to do them. I should make myself alternate between the queen stitches and the remainder of bottom motif of house, gate, grass, peacock, etc.