Thursday, November 22, 2007

Things to Be Thankful For

My family, e v e n the ones currently driving me nuts (not their fault, I've got hormonal issues...)

The clever people at ICanHasCheeseburger? who always can make me laugh

Elvis, my twenty lb. kitty who tried to love me to death at 5:00 this morning. When he headbuts you, you know you've been butted

All this information and ridiculousness floating around in cyberspace for me to find

My friends. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Alcohol

LOL, didn't expect that one, did you?

Sunshine, especially when the leaves are falling

Water. Both for drinking and swimming. I'm Aquarius after all.

Books. LOTS and LOTS of books.

Husband. Who isn't a mind reader, but his heart is in the right place. Much love, sweetie.

People who make me laugh. Last night it was Frank Caliendo who we recorded to watch later.

Red Sox. And all members of Red Sox Nation. Hey. Freakin' awesome, we won the World Series. That's reason enough to smile every day till spring training.

Any night when I can sleep all the way through without waking up. (Last time I did this was nearly one week ago.)

Did I mention alcohol?

Hey, what's wrong with a little self-medication?

People who get me. There are not that many of them in the world. Sometimes I wish there were more. But I'll take who I can get.

Top Gear, Project Runway, Top Chef. All good clean fun. Let's turn a car into a rocket and launch it. Let's turn a mini-van into a convertible and run it through a car wash setting the car wash on fire. What fun!

Music. OMB. I am so thankful for music. All kinds of music. New, old, fast, slow. Classical, country, rock, pop, standards, big band, jazz, blues, folk, a capella, alternative, rap, hip hop, Christmas. Whatever. (I'll pass on the gospel and overtly Christian stuff. But I still love Amazing Grace and other classic hymns.)

My eyesight and hands which allow me to stitch. I'd be doing that right now, but my right hand is a little stressed from cutting the backbone out of our turkey. For fun google the term spatchcock.

College hockey. Way more fun than the NHL. Teams I follow - UNH and Army.

The ability to move without pain.

My sister who turns 52 tomorrow. You may have tormented me 40 years ago, but you make up for it since then.

Nuts. Chips. Salty foodstuffs. Mmmmm.

Coffee and Tea. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Oh how I adore you hot beverages of comfort and joy.

Free time. To. Do. What. I. Please.

I know there is more. But the sleep issues are screwing with my brain's processing capabilities.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

No comments: