Thursday, February 28, 2008

Near Disaster

Last night I was innocently sitting there watching The Daily Show at 8 o'clock, when the little paranoid schizophrenic cat who lately has been making a bit of progress and showing her face in the living room, jumped up on my chair. And tried to drink out of my water glass. And tipped it over.

This was the once time MY STITCHING WASN'T PUT AWAY PROPERLY!

A full glass of water all over books, magazine, and two current projects. Fortunately for me, a chart took most of it. The canvas piece just got wet on one corner. And my model that I'm stitching got soaked only on one corner. But that was the corner with the stitching. Overdyed linen. Overdyed silk. I blotted as best I could and left it to air out overnight. Fortunately, it looks like the dyes held.

Lesson learned. Always put away the stitching. Always.

1 comment: