Monday, August 24, 2009

More Things from the Sewing Box




First up we have a grooming kit. The needlework badly executed. I took this from my grandmother's house after she died. I have no idea where or when she acquired it. I guess it's a nail brush because of the nail scissors and cuticle pusher inside. Made in Germany. Those scissors are seriously small.
















Two large pins I found in my grandmother's stash of stuff. The smaller one looks like it could be a kilt pin. The larger one - I have no idea what you'd need such a large one for.




















Given that these came from my grandmother's stash also, I'm going to guess that these are sail maker's needles. Seriously long. Very cool. I'm thinking of shadow boxing some of this stuff. Because I like looking at it.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

When you do, make sure we get a look at it too!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Shadow box it with a photo or two of your grandmother if you have any. That's important for the younger generations to see to connect a face with the name and the sewing objects.