Friday, August 28, 2009

Needlepoint in the News

I will visit this place. Maybe someday soon. I'm a fan on facebook...

From the Philadelphia paper: Rittenhouse Needlepoint article

If only the writer could have resisted crafting this paragraph: If she'd been a granny with a thing for stitching Home Sweet Home samplers, her fluttering heart might have been easier to understand. On the happening continuum, needlepoint has long occupied the same camphor-scented niche as carding wool and sarsaparilla socials.

Granny, camphor and sarsaparilla? Really? Was that necessary?

Here's their website: Rittenhouse

And their blog is in my sidebar.

P.S. A big thank you to my sharp-eyed friends in Tennessee who allowed me to correct a stupid error. Though I'd be happy to call that girl my daughter, she makes a terrific niece, too.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I can check it and report back if you like.