Thursday, September 02, 2010

All About the Mystery

Blogger is telling me that this is my 1700 post. It's also September and blogaversary time for me. I've been typing here with regularity since 2003. *Patting self on back*

I'm gonna have to come up with a good giveway for this. Let me ruminate on it for a while, but don't forget to check back and see what I've come up with!

Wednesday was all about the mystery sampler stitching. So I can't talk about it. Or show photos. Or nuthin'. 

I can't decide if I need to bring this with me to Thursday group. I'm trying to figure out if I've got enough done so that I can finish it by 1 o'clock tomorrow. Well, twelve thirty if we're counting travel time. I will say that I still love stitching with Au ver au Soie silks. Especially when you get to stitch in a light color background and that stuff just starts to shimmer and glow. 

I think I'm approaching one of those revaluation times when I go through my projects and decide what I feel like stitching. Always a good time! Especially if I go through everything! 

I know I need to get a moving on my bargello teaching piece. And somehow I've gotten involved with the teaching of a mystery sampler next year. I think this is it for obligations. And I feel like I've got some canvas pieces that need to come to completion so that I'll feel free to move on to new canvas pieces like my Lost River Canyon from Joan Thomasson.

Yesterday while listening to the Kojo show, I heard a new author, Thomas Kaufman, and ran to the library to put his book, Drink the Tea,  on hold. Also picked up some George Pelacanos and Edward Jones, both write about the D.C. area. Got these in both book form and on CD so I can stitch and listen. First, though, I need to finish Dreams from my Father by Barrack Obama because DH needs to return it to its rightful owner in another two weeks. Thus far this book is a lesson in how adults can shape their children. Listen. Maybe some of us can still hear voices from our pasts.

No comments: