Wednesday, October 06, 2010

SBQ

Where do you fall in the birth order of your family?  Do you think that birth order traits have had an effect on your choice of hobby and craft? How so?

I am the younger of two girls by four years and three months. My sister was five years ahead of me in school. 

(Blast it - my cursor has disappeared. It's like typing into a void. Please excuse all typos, etc. as this is not as easy as it appears.)

My sister and I used to talk about birth order from back in the day when someone wrote some semi-popular book on it and it got discussed on Oprah or something like that. I'm not certain how valid these theories about birth order are.

I think I've got traits of both a youngest and an oldest. I am responsible and conscientious like a first born. And I'm rebellious and open to new things like a last born.

And maybe that kind of balances out birth order effects on my choices of hobby and craft. We are both very visual in our choices. My sister has occasionally done needlework, but her strengths are in stained glass, painting (but she doesn't think she can paint) and photography. Neither of us are musical, though we both love to listen to music. And I am much more comfortable using words than she is, i.e. writing.

I've tried most crafts at one time or another. I still do paper crafting, but not to the extant that I used to. I have over the past five years focused on my stitching. 

And a big P.S. I'm about to get back into photography in a huge way. New camera purchase on the horizon. 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister is 4.5 years younger than I. She too has a mix of older and younger child traits, but I think she more closely resembles the younger child traits because she's in the middle. My brother is 12 years younger than I.