It took a while, but I removed the shelves from one bedroom closet and the incomplete Closet Maid hardware from the other closet and painted. Of course this also meant removing all my scrapbooking supplies which are now in my DD's bedroom - nice perk of college age kid - an unoccupied bedroom.
But all that took so long that I didn't get to do a second coat yesterday. I could have, but that would have meant sleeping with a wet paint. No thanks. That means second coat today. It took way more paint than I thought it would to paint inside these closets. LOL
Also went a bought some fiberboard shelves and things for the inside. One closet will be my clothes and the other still will contain the scrapbooking rubberstamping papermaking card stuff. Which I plan on sorting and being a bit ruthless with.
My real problem lies with those stupid bypass doors. I hate them as you can only see part of the interior of the closet. Of course, I also hated the darn bifold doors we had in the last house. I don't want to spend a ton of money fixing my door issues. But curtains are out as everything inside the closet would get covered with cat hair.