Saturday, October 03, 2009

It Wasn't Easy

It wasn't easy. But I finished a canvas work piece last night. Took out the stitches facing the wrong way. Reanchored threads. Stitched them in correctly.

And then I decided that that one misguided Jessica had to go. I am here to tell you that it is a bad idea to try a frog a Jessica. Cutting it out entirely is the way to go. Took me nearly an hour to fix this particular mess. Meanwhile the pretty scenery was rolling by on the tv thanks to Ken Burns. And I missed most of it.

But I must say I am way happier to have this Jessica stitched correctly.

And then I solved my beading dilemma with French knots. And in no time at all the piece was finished.


Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the lovely finish, made sweeter by conquering that rogue Jessica!

Coni said...

OK, this is just fabulous!

I taped the Ken Burns series so that I could watch when my stitchy eyeballs gave out. You were very dedicated to stick with this in lieu of watching!

Looks wonderful!

lewmew said...

Beautiful as usual. I envy your talent!