Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mid-Atlantic Region EGA Smart Days

Or I'm in Culpeper, Virginia having a wonderful time.

We arrived in time for a tea party after registering and getting our name tags. Got a pretty beaded scissor fob and a tea cup! A member is a caterer and we had terrific sandwiches and cookies. And got visit with our friends, both old and new.


At 6 p.m. it was time for Michael Boren's class, Starry, Starry Night. Imagine. I'm stitching another blue piece. This must be my blue period. There is this shiny wonderful Kreinik ribbon and braid. And yes, my piece is nearly finished. This is where I am right now.




After a late dinner. A necessary visit to the open 24 hours Wal-mart. And the realization that I had college boys with beer in the room above me, I didn't have a bad night. Stayed up till 1 a.m. talking with a friend. Was too tired to stitch, but not too tired to talk.

Had a nice breakfast and all the coffee I could drink. Then I didn't go to the regional meeting, but sat in the lobby making new friends and stitching. Met up with some more chapter member friends and we all had lunch together, then headed off for our Pomegranate and Peas purse class with Kimberly Servello. This is an Elizabethan style purse stitched with black silk and gold metallics on 50 ct cream linen. The more I stitched, the more I fell in love. Tomorrow morning we have a second class on this piece and will learn the plaited braid and discuss the purse finishing.





No comments: