Tuesday, February 09, 2010

No Good News to Report

In fact, the news is all bad. Ten to twenty more inches of snow coming starting this afternoon with high winds. No place to put the new snow. The promised heavy equipment thus far has not shown in our development. Federal gov't closed again today. And I will bet on them being closed tomorrow, too. Maybe even Thursday if the Metro isn't fully functional.

I need to go make more coffee. And warm up my breakfast. I'm not a happy camper. And I realize it. But it's getting more difficult to find alone time to recalibrate my sense of humor. Maybe a sixty minute shower???

3 comments:

Coni said...

Oh, Donna...we're sending you some stitchy love for a brighter day. Methinks you should self-indulge until the authorities are called.

Do you have chocolate?

Anna van Schurman said...

Didn't life in NH prepare you for this? Laugh at their incompetence?

Donna said...

@Anna. I could deal. If we had semi-adequate snow removal. But we don't.

And living in a townhouse means, there are no real yards for the piling up of this white stuff. You have to walk long distances now to dump your shovel full.

Frankly, it's just depressing.