Monday, February 22, 2010

Peace Eagle

Teresa and Kelly got it right. How did I ever frame this piece without doing the blackwork fill on the left wing?

It could be because I was working this piece as a surprise for DH. I'd be sitting in the living room stitching and hear a car pull up and scramble to hide evidence of what I was doing. And then there was the mad scramble to get it framed in time.

This piece is called the Peace Eagle. It's based on a coverlet in the Stuck Collection at the Columbus Museum of Art. I bought this around the year 2000? after seeing a framed version in the Scarlet Thread in Fairfax, VA that the shop owner, Jan, had stitched for her husband's retirement.

As for my "little" giveaway - leave comments on yesterday's (February 21) post and I will close out the giveaway on Thursday, the 25th at 9:00 p.m. Feel free to pass the word around. I'm not telling what I'm giving, but it might have something to do with an upcoming holiday...

No comments: