Friday, March 12, 2010

Class Time

Tomorrow is lecture and class time with the fabulous Eileen Bennett of the Sampler House as she is coming to the Loudoun Sampler Guild.

In the morning we have a lecture on the ABCs of sampler alphabets.

And in the afternoon we have the lovely Little Green Acorns sampler.

This week I've been stitching on a Crossed Wing bluebird on silk gauze over one and on my Ravish Me canvas which is at the background fill in stage. Now I'm getting excited by the prospect of more than 20 different stitches on one piece. I actually don't have any Eileen Bennett pieces in my stash except for what I might have in magazines. But I do have several of her books in my library.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comment refers to the beautiful photograph of the Liberty building on Regent Street in London. The Needlewoman Shop used to be a few doors from this emporium. When I go home to England, my first port of call is to visit Liberty. Thank you for posting this photograph.
Marilyn, San Francisco.

Donna said...

Thanks, Marilyn. This was my first visit to Liberty and I totally enjoyed myself.