Monday, March 08, 2010

Stars #3

No photo, but last night, right before dinner, I stitched the corner block again with the new colors. I haven't looked at in the morning sunlight yet to see what I think. But there is a thought running through my head that I may not like stitching this with these colors.

Heresy.

Change colors now?

Right.

I'm certain it's just something having to do with spring and needing to flowers and brilliance and golden light.

I thought I had handled this on Saturday with a start on the Sekas and Co. Shamrock Heart. Even though I had this kitted up with the called for 10 ct. fabric, I dipped into my stash and decided I could stitch this on 18 ct. canvas. A little experimentation later and the Watercolours has changed to overdyed cotton. And the Kreinik braid has gone down a size.

But apparently a shamrock isn't enough. I guess I should go look at Stars and see what I think.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

This is a huge piece, so you need to pick colors you love or you will not finish it. Keep experimenting. Do you have a favorite thread? Toss all the skeins of that brand on the table and start choosing your four favorites....

If you take the time to make a good color choice in the beginning, I think it'll pay off.

We're rooting for you!