Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crazy Jan. Challenge Day XIII & Day XIV

Whoops. I have my photos backwards and I'm not going to rearrange. 

On Friday, Day XIV, I had both a start and a finish. This is a Homespun Elegance Wee Fancy called House. I can finish a sampler in a single day. Well, I can if it's a little bitty one!  

This is random fabric and DMC threads and it fits in the little brass frame and you wear it. I bought this at 30% off sometime last year??? at Everything Cross Stitch in Fredericksburg. 

Yes. I am counting finishes as in I finished the stitching and may not have finished the finishing. 


Day XIII is me finally stitching the Oatlands EGA Chapter nametag. It's largish and I will be able to fit all my pins on it. I'm hoping to have this truly finished finished by next weekend. Again with the random fabric and the thread is a slightly variegated turquoise Soy Luster along with a silver Kreinik for the needle.

So today is the final start of the Crazy Challenge. And I will tell you the truth. I don't know what I am going to start today. I've been think about this randomly all week. I'm leaning towards a big sampler project only because it's calling my name. Loudly. And frequently. But as I dig it out of the stash I may get sidetracked. There's a lot there to look at and I'm known to be impulsive. 

IF the timing had worked out, I'd be starting a canvas piece. Instead look for a canvas start on Tuesday. I'll be starting something on what would have been my Grandmother's 102nd birthday. She died peacefully in her sleep 4 years ago still capable of climbing on her roof and bicycling on her three wheeler. I miss her everyday. She is my inspiration and guiding light.  

No comments: