Saturday, January 01, 2011

January 1st - a New Beginning

A little bit of shopping from Thursday afternoon. We went to The Christmas Dove in Barrington. No new tree topper for me. Then we went back across the road to Calef's to buy some handmade donuts and maple sugar candy. I, of course, went into the Little Lamb Quilt Shop where I bought two penny rug kits. The gingerbread one has all the pieces cut. The autumn one, I have to cut them myself. I haven't done one of these for a while. Should be quick and fun.







Here's my CJC Day One:

It's a limited edition from the Sampler Girl for a Jane Austen bookmark.


Even given my current condition, I managed to start. This piece is small on purpose. I was hoping I could actually finish this one quickly giving myself some momentum as we go into this challenge. I'm using a Needlepoint Inc silk and the fabric is a remnant that was hand-dyed by me last year. 



Current condition, you say? Not maneuvering with edit: quickly difficulty, but not maneuvering with any speed. Did I drink too much last night. Golly gee, yes. And then when we got home at 1:45 a.m. I forgot to take my sinus medication before bed. Thus my head could feel better. But I'll live with my self-inflicted pain.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Just as well you forgot to take your sinus medication as you should take nothing - including anything like Tylenol, Aleve, Advil, etc - with alcohol in your system. Sounds like you are having a great time.