Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Years 2004`

First, a wish for health and happiness in the New Year. May your needles fly swiftly and your linen never wrinkle...

We all survived the surprise 70th birthday party for my FIL. And he truly was surprised. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and even though we weren't going to be buying him any big presents on account of the new computer, he managed to find new boots and new leather jacket when we went to the Outlets in Kittery, Maine. That must be why he didn't want us to go shopping without him...

We're expecting a quiet day here. The beast is roasting and the children are still sleeping. I am planning on stitching as soon as I finish up here. Yesterday we made time for a trip to the ocean. It was cold and windy and we didn't stay as long as we had planned. Instead ran off in search of pizza. Found a place in Portsmouth, NH that serves a wonderful New York style crust. Came home and played cards and socialized. But DH and I went to bed before midnight. Time passes and its passing is noted.

The resolution thing is not something I usually do. Reflecting on what needs to be resolved is a good thing. But making promises to yourself only to break them seems futile. I guess I have goal-making issues.

In a perfect world, I would be nice. Exercise more. Eat more better food. Appreciate what I have all the time. Drive slower. Tell people I love them every day.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: