Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post of 2009

I'm not much for looking backwards so soon. I'm much more fond of remembering years and years ago. I play let's reminisce with anyone, anytime, at the drop of a hat. And because DH and I have been together for 32 years now (married 25), we can play this reminisce game for a really long time.

That said, let's look forward instead. Where to start?

How about here:



What this is: a threads collection I pulled and purchased one day this year while at Needlewoman East in Falls Church. I was there with a friend who was looking for threads for an original project. And I just started going through drawers when I stumbled on the browns and decided I needed to see what else I could collect from around the store. When I had them all together, I decided that this is an original piece of my own which I shall call "Chocolate Soup" and will be worked on canvas. The shiny metallics didn't photograph too well which is a shame. Some day soon I'm going to mount the canvas and just begin stitching without any true plan. Doesn't that sound like fun? Yuppers. It does.

Here's wishing everyone in stitching blog land a safe and prosperous New Year! I'm off to pop a cork while waiting for the beef stew to finish cooking. No big party plans. Just a nice meal in a warm house with family.

No comments: