Monday, July 12, 2010

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

My sis and I have been talking. She holds the title to a lake front property that has been in the family since the year I was born. She put it up for sale two years ago, right before the economy crashed. Bad timing.

There is someone who is interested in buying. And we hate to let go, but this is for the best. Keeping fingers crossed that they can come to an agreement. 

I'm glad I had one last 4th of July there. 

In stitchy news:

Nothing I can report. I'm working on two projects, neither one of which can I share here. I will say that I made good progress yesterday and should be able to make my deadlines. And then it will be back to my bargello piece that is currently languishing in a Strand Bookstore green canvas bag. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister and I made the decision to sell the summer place we inherited from our grandparents several years ago. It was a tough decision, but neither of our lives allowed us to use the property (it's in the Adirondacks, near Lake Placid) and she needed the money.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your sister's sale goes well and smoothly.

Natasha said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Teresa S. said...

Love the new blog title photo! Also wanted to let you know that I have started my first bargello piece--it only took 4 trys for me to get the correct pattern down. Duh! But so far, it is looking great.

Teresa S. said...

Love the new blog title photo! Also wanted to let you know that I have started my first bargello piece--it only took 4 trys for me to get the correct pattern down. Duh! But so far, it is looking great.