Thursday, July 01, 2010

When in Boston

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Fenway tour. Got to sit in the grandstand, the Budweiser party deck, the State Street Pavillion, and the Momster seats. 

Of course, what I would really love is the opportunity to walk out of the field. 

Teddy Baseball with the banners. 

It's a party in the street before the game. Get a sausage, listen to the Hot Tamales. Admire people's choice of clothing. I liked the Red Sox Aruba shirt.

Youk at the plate with that crazy stance. Too bad Delcarmen blew the game. But we had a great time.

Also got to stop in the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.   It nearly killed me that I couldn't take photos in here. Bummer. The textiles in this museum are in sad shape. There are many tapestries. Some family crest pennants from the Italian Renaissance. All are extremely faded and some are damaged.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun trip back home so far. I love the photos you took of your hometown and posted yesterday. The view of the mill and the water are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing and reading more about your adventures :) Take care and enjoy!