Wednesday, November 02, 2011

NaBloPoMo

I'm not even going to begin to attempt NaNoWriMo this year. November just doesn't cut it for me to write a novel. 

But I do think I can do National Blog Posting Month. As C in DC pointed out to me, I'm already trying to get back to a routine and this is perfect timing. 

I sit here with two projects done and still I'm facing the finishing. Didn't get a chance to have at them yesterday. Maybe today???

I did a tiny bit of stitching last evening on my current Quaker which needs a name. As Pam designed this piece for Carolina Sampler Guild, she named it after the only motif on it that isn't Quaker. It's called the Garden Gate Sampler. But as I'm changing all the words on this piece, I might as call it what I intend it to be - My Exeter Sampler. 

 My idea is to honor my school. Dorky, I know. But my 3 years at Exeter did have profound effects on me. (And regardless of how the blond chick on Two Broke Girls said it the other night, it's pronounced like it's spelled - Eksiter - not Eggsiter.)


I've graphed out the words and toyed with a stitching a bee skep. And I've got a class with Pam on the 11th so I'll be able to show her what I'm doing. All I know is I just love stitching on Quaker samplers.

No comments: