Saturday, April 05, 2008

Boring

I'm boring. And I'm bored.

One more freakin' post about these gingko leaves. May have one or two left to go.

I ripped and restitched the second leaf and started the third leaf. Some of these blackwork fill patterns take four passes. Seems like forever to make progress.

Woke up at 2 a.m. thinking of how to do a border that enhances this thing.

Instead of staying home and working on it, I'm running off with hubby who is in search of a specific bottle of rum as a gift for his departing boss. Might be the closest I get to the cherry blossoms this year. Battery is charging so I'll be prepared in case we stop.

I punted working on the leaves yesterday in favor of some retail therapy.

Here's what I bought at Ross for $99 plus tax:

2 pair of Levi's
1 pair denim capri's
3 short sleeved tops
one king sized blanket
4 placemats
2 leather purses
and 1 leather wallet

I had way more luck there than at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. Yes, I can devise a trip where I hit all three stores and it's about 22 miles round trip from my house. I also stopped at Border's - no new magazines - and Wal-Mart.

I haven't had a day like that in a while. All accomplished in under 4 hours, including a stop for lunch. Now that's power shopping.

No comments: