Friday, April 11, 2008

Stitching Meme

From Kendra's blog via the Stitch Bitch:


  1. How do you hold your fabric? In my left hand. I used to stitch mostly in hand except for large pieces on scroll frames, but due to the influence of a friend I've started using scroll frames again.
  2. Floss licker? Nearly always. LOL
  3. How do you thread your needle? The usual way, I think. Fortunately at 48, I can still see without the need for magnification.
  4. What needle do you like best? Petite needles. Platinum if I want them to last longer than a week.
  5. Are you a needle loser? No. I'm a needleflinger. And if I can't locate it, the needle is LIA - lost in action.
  6. What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? linen. And my favorite linen is Glenshee.
  7. Bobbins or floss bags? Bags. Like my little bags better than anything else I've used. But I'm still waiting for some enterprising person to create the perfect floss storage system.
  8. Are you a scissors collector? The ideal would be a pair a scissors for every project. I guess that makes me a collector. But I'm very far away from my ideal
  9. Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? I have done my own framing, and I lace.
  10. Are you a floss floozy? Wondering what a floss floozy is...but I imagine that I am one.
  11. Silk? Love it. Love it. Love it.
  12. Railroader? Only when reaching for perfection. Always when satin stitching with 2 threads.
  13. Are you a pattern or designer snob? No.
  14. Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? No.
  15. Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? Shouldn't the question be when did you reach S.A.B.L.E? In my case that would be more than 10 years ago. Maybe closer to 20.
  16. Do you wash your projects? Some of them.

No comments: