Saturday, April 26, 2008

Shop Time

I had a fairly quiet day at the shop yesterday. Periods of activity followed by periods of quiet.

So I vacuumed up all the loose threads, even did the stairs. I did such a thorough job I had turn up the AC as I was sweating.

Then I priced and put away some orders.

Then I put together chart packs for the shop owner for her designs that she sold through the Online Needlework show.

Then I watched the boxes pile up from DHL, UPS, and USPS. I'm not opening them because most of them are orders from the show.

When it got quiet in the late afternoon, I sat down and charted my blackwork pumpkin for a class I'm going to teach in October.

In all this, I was cutting fabric for customers which can be a tiny bit challenging for me. Got to find the "right" fabric. Determine the size needed. Cut appropriately. All the other customer service things are easy enough.

I had time to browse through the hardanger charts and the canvasworks charts - two areas I don't usually spend that much time on, but I'm expanding my horizons.

I also started stitching a kissing pillow which one of our EGA chapters community outreach projects.

I had my DH meet at the shop after work and we went out for dinner at a great Asian place.
All in all, a very satisfying day.

Today should be much busier. I've got a friend coming in to help me. Between us, we'll muddle along. I shouldn't be able to screw things up too badly.

No comments: