Saturday, March 07, 2009

Brideshead Revisited

I was fortunate enough yesterday to have lunch with a friend and when I mentioned my evening's plans included watching Brideshead, she whipped out her i-phone and shared her pictures of Castle Howard with me taken on her anniversary. Such a beautiful place. And oh how I love this show. Last year DS and I were listening to Brideshead Revisited being read by Jeremy Irons while we were doing a lot of riding in the car. And as much as I love his voice, he couldn't begin to capture the magic that is John Gieguld as his father. Rapture.

Meanwhile I've been browsing my collection of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly looking for Quaker things. And instead I am finding dozens of other things I want to stitch. I shouldn't buy anything else and just start stitching my way through all 50+ issues of this fine publication.

No comments: