Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dreaming

I think I spent the entire night dreaming of Quakerish southwest America designs. I know that what was going through my head at 12:55 a.m. when I woke up. I know I was still dreaming it 1/2 an hour later when I woke up for real and started to read. I know I was dreaming it when I woke up just before DH got up at 6:00 a.m. And I was still dreaming of designs at 7:45 a.m. when I actually got up. This is a sign that I had a successful day of putting things done on paper yesterday.

Of course, I also walked into my kitchen yesterday morning and had an absolutely brilliant idea. So brilliant that when I told my shop owner friend her eyes got big and she said OMG you have so got to do that.

All this means is that the things I have to do are being shunted aside by the things that are calling to me from some strange, creative recess in my brain.

Am going in to work in the shop for a bit this morning and will consider second idea some more. Maybe look at fibers and fabric even. Then maybe a quick dash down to Woodlawn to the needlework show.

I hear I won a second place in canvaswork. But I need to see it. That old 80s slogan, trust but verify.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Congratulations! (I'm very trusting.) Can't wait to see what the big project is!