Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Verified

Yes. That is a second place in canvaswork on my In the Midnight Hour. I don't even mind losing out a first place 'cause it was to someone I know and her piece was technically harder with those Jessicas and woven Neon Rays. I didn't stay long as I am going to the demo room next Monday and to luncheon with friends there next Friday.

The sampler competition continues to baffle me. And the overall best in show this year was a blackwork piece. Apparently the docents are spending oodles of time explaining to people why this won. The back is exactly like the front. So what I heard one woman say. She didn't like it. At all. I think the quote was, if I don't like the front, why should I like the back. Too funny.

The canvaswork category had lots of strong entries. Saw some beautiful original crewel pieces. My favorite room is still the room with all the animal pieces. Makes me smile.

1 comment:

Coni said...

Woo Hoo, you! Congratulations! Does the show have a website?