Saturday, August 28, 2010

Celebrations that Never End

Lately we seem to stretch our celebrations out over several days. Or even longer. Case in point. We did not do gifts for our anniversary as we are considering the extra days in New Orleans in November our gift. Plus Thursday evening we had a magnificent dinner at Tuscarora Mills in Leesburg. And last night, we went to Wolf Trap to see Tony Bennett. I love celebrating like this!

On the stitching front:

I continue nun stitching my "Echoes of Elizabeth" case. Also nun stitching my Knautical Knots - even put in about 40 stitches last night sitting on the lawn at Wolf Trap after we ate. I know many people prefer the house, but it's wonderful to sit on the lawn drinking wine and eating good food before the sunsets and the stars come out. 

On Wednesday we had a class at our chapter meeting on Dorset Buttons. Mary Corbett explained these on her blog back in 2007 - which may be where I saw them first.

Another good website with photos is Gina-B's. She's even got a photo of Johnny Depp wearing a shirt with Dorset Buttons. 

I finished my first one in class. Was not difficult. Could keep my hands engaged in the evenings when counting sometimes gets too difficult depending on how tired I am. 

I also received a new project from the UPS man yesterday. It's a Joan Thomasson canvas project that has been advertised in Needlepointers. Her kitting is fantastic. And this piece is going to give me lots of opportunities to play and make decisions. Not allowing myself to start this yet, though because first I need to spend the week on my Friendship Mystery piece!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Inquiring minds want to know - what was the Joan T kit?