Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just Catching Up

Once again I will reiterate the importance of counting when doing counted work. LOL Yup. Again I found myself ripping, just a little bit. But because this was the first motif, I didn't really have anything to match it up against. 

Reminder to self:

You cannot just sit and stitch merrily away. Occasionally you must stop and count the chart. And count your work! Do not make assumptions. 

Fortunately my little detour didn't last long. But it was a rookie mistake made while watching Monday night comedies on CBS.  All fixed now, but I could be further along if I hadn't had to go backwards. 


From comments:  Kathryn - I, too, love OPI! Right now I've Dancing in the Aisles on my fingers. Though I kind of chipped it yesterday while weeding. I love this product not just for the colors, but also for the names. My favorite red is Cha-Ching Cherry. But that's because they stopped producing the Waitress one. 


And C in DC - we spent years hoping to return to Europe courtesy of the US Army as both children were born in Germany. But, the wall fell and with it went all hope of our returning. Now they will just have to get there on their own!  


That's it. We've seen the last of the sun for today. Soon it will be raining. And it's cold. Yeah. Of course. Because I put my winter wardrobe away...

 

6 comments:

K-G Knitter said...

It's 2 1/1 Men that gets me EVERY week. I was just doing what was supposed to be fill-in last night, but I ended up going two rows too far! :) I feel your pain

Anna van Schurman said...

They aren't making I"m not Really a Waitress anymore? That was my favorite pedi color. I did buy Fresh Squeezed for the summer (but then I was into orange lipstick in my day too). I'm going to have to check out "I Stop for Nicole" which is a "traffic stopping red." I only color my toes because I use my hands too much to hope for long nails or a lasting manicure.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I feel your pain when it comes to miscounting, not counting, forgetting about counting and becoming distracted when counting.

Sigh.

I ripped out this morning and things have gone well today. So far.

I'll probably catch mistakes tomorrow. Double Sigh.

Bonnie said...

So you are the reason it's so cold! I hope it warms up again soon. After the gym and grocery shopping I followed the cat's lead and took a nice long nap. It was wonderful. No stitching today but put together the cabinet I purchased for storing threads.

Carolyn McNeil said...

We've all been through the "rework" phase. Just when I think it can't happen to me again...it does!
Happy Stitchin'...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

Unknown said...

In Las Vegas this morning, I am wearing a long sleeved jersey. We have had unusually cool and incredibly windy weather, though it should heat up by this weekend.

I'm with Anna, no manicure as they would last about 5 minutes on me.