Friday, April 24, 2009

Glad I Didn't Leave Early

I had not intended to stay at my LNS yesterday after morning stitch-in and lunch. But just as we were finishing up the lovely ladies from j. child and Needlecrossings showed up with their large collections of hand-painted canvas available for ordering. I got to tell Jennifer how much I would love to have a cardinal the same size as the dogwood canvas I stitched and finished back in January. A request that Liz at Needlewoman East had already passed on to her. I confessed that that was my request and she wasn't being inundated by a ton of cardinal requests. But after all this is Virginia and people here love the cardinals and they would sell.

I did order an ornament size stocking from Pat of sand dollars. And an Art Deco like piece and a pine cone bookmark from Jennifer. Dangerous place to hang out, the local LNS is.

And then before I could leave, I got to meet Jane from Chilly Hollow. She's as articulate and lovely in person as she is online.

Of course, I didn't nearly as much stitching done as I wanted to yesterday. Continued working on Arabella. Should be a lovely weekend for stitching outside. We're headed into the 80s. And the dreaded Asian Tiger mosiquitos haven't hatched yet, but I'm sure this weekend will bring them out.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I didn't know you'd ordered treats. Good thing I missed the designers or I'd bankrupt this morning.

Lovely to put a face to a name, Donna!
Jane/CH