Saturday, May 12, 2018


Finished the stitching on this Succulent Strawberry months ago. This was a class I took with Barbara Jackson back in 2011.

Finally did the finishing yesterday. Put weightiin to attempt to make it stay on the side on I want  but it shifted and that's a fail. Typical of me. 

I couldn't find the bone ring I bought for the top of this, but I can always add it later. Started to stitch the veins on the wool leaves, but didn't like it and decided to go plain.

Also finished my mini sock. Forgot to take a photo before I left it for finishing  But we'll see it again in a few months. 

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Palm Fronds

Palm fronds completed. I love how they turned out.

Giving up on the clouds and doing basketweave with DMC Blanc.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Mini Sock Redux

This little canvas has been a series of problems to figure out. I solved the building  then turned to Diamond Head. 

This is basketweave with DMC floss and an occasional stitch with a #8 Kreinik braid for a bit of shine. Turns out that I can stitch this kind of random. (Other kinds of random are uber difficult for me.)

Next I tried to solve my clouds  So far I've ripped out a straight milanese, little wavy, and plain basketweave.

So let's leave the clouds on go to the thing that has bothered me from the start - those palm leaves. Color is not right as painted as it's too blue. But I don't want to stray too far from what is painted.

Nailed it first try. Reverse chain stitch with Petite Frosty Rays. Yay!